Friday, May 8, 2009

One round down..........5 more to go!



Today I had my first round of chemo. I started out the day with a call from Dianna Castillo who is an old pro at all of this stuff. Was very encouraging to hear from her!

The staff is the the chomo room is very nice, chairs are comfortable, and they had plenty of stuff to drink in the fridge. I was given 4 anti-nasea drug by IV first. It looks like the red stuff on the right is me having blood drawn but actually its Andrimyacinbetter know as the"red devil" or "red Kook-aid". I called it Jonestown Kookaid. You have to eat ice chips or Popsicles with it so it doesn't burn your mouth a little but I didn't notice any effect whatsoever. I then had the other two (Taxotere and Cytoxin) chemo drugs through an iv and was there from 9:30 to 1:00. Got to sleep the last 45 minutes. I didn't feel any different until 15 minutes later and I've been terribly nauseasous since soI'm taking the pills they gave me for it. I hope this goes away soon.

7 comments:

ginnymoss said...

You are so beautiful - I bet you will be even more beautiful without hair!! And.. just think... you'll have virgin hair again! Love your updates. Wish I could be there to help!! Loving all the memories that are coming back from Ricks!! Have a great weekend friend!
Love you, Ginny

Unknown said...

Hang in there lady! You never know, your hair may grow back in red and curly!

Thinking of you,
Kim B.

Kristy said...

Hang in there! It will be over before you know it. Sorry about the red kool-aid. It's yucky. You can DO it!

Ruth Ann said...

KAREN,
I hope you are having a good Mother's Day. You are a real trooper and your attitude is an inspiration. Can't wait to see what wig you pick out!

RUth Ann

Misty said...

I miss you inmy room SOO much! I know Jason does too, He is asking about you alot.
HUGS!!!!
Misty

Anonymous said...

Karen,
we are all praying for you here at Carroll Peak. we know that the Lord's strength is with you. about the tina turner's wig, make it bright red and send us a picture.
we miss you very much and think of you every day. lots to chat about!!!

Take care,

Ms. Ochoa and Onomo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of the kind thoughts! I really needed them this week. It was tough. I don't remember feeling so achy and just plain disgusting. I think the Koolaid gets to you mentally too.
Karen